PD Dr. Othmar Jaeggi
Classical Archaeologist and photographer of the „iconicarchive“. His large personal archives are being digitized at the moment and provide the contents of this website. From 1999–2012 he has been a collaborator of the Central Editorial Office of the Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae (LIMC) at Basel. He teaches Classical Archaeology in the Universities of Freiburg i. Br. and Basel.
Main areas of research
- Greek and Roman sculpture
- Greek vase painting
- Northern Black Sea Region
- Iberian Peninsula
- Hellenistic and Roman East
- Intercultural contacts
- Iconic Criticism
- Digital Humanities
- CVA volume on attic cups of the 5th and 4th centuries BC of the State Collections of Antiquities in Munich
- The Bosporan Kingdom and its Neighbours (together with the Demeter Foundation in Kerch)
- The Attic red-figure pottery in museums in Crimea
- The Marsyas Painter and its workshop (together with the State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg)
- Roman and Greek sculpture of the collection Condes de Lagunillas in Havana (together with the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes, Havana, and the Humboldt University, Berlin)
- Humanities Computing
Academic curriculum 1
- since 2015: CVA volume on attic cups of the 5th and 4th centuries BC of the State Collections of Antiquities in Munich
- since 2014: Projects on the cultural history of the Northern Black Sea Region
- 2012–2017: CVA volume on South Italian pottery of the Antikenmuseum Basel
- 2012: Catalogue of the Attic red-figure pottery of the Historical Museum in Kerch (Crimea)
- since 2012: Privatdozent at the University of Basel
- 2011: Guest lectureship at the Humboldt University in Berlin (substitute of Prof. S. Schmid)
- 2009: Guest lectureship at the Humboldt University in Berlin (substitute of PD S. Altekamp)
- 2005: Habilitation at the University of Freiburg i. B.
- 2001–2005: Habilitation project on Greek portraits: „Individuelles Ideal – ideales Individuum. Was sind griechische Porträts?“ Academic committee: Prof. V. Strocka, Prof. W. Megow (Freiburg i. Br.), Prof. G. Boehm (Basel). Supported by the Freiwillige Akademische Gesellschaft (Basel), Freiwillige Akademische Stiftung (Basel), Max Geldner-Stiftung (Basel)
Academic curriculum 2
- 1999–2011: Collaborator of the Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae in Basel
- since 1998: lecturer at the University of Basel
- 1997: Rigorosum at the University of Basel
- 1994–1997: Dissertation project in Madrid (DAI and CSIC) and Basel: „Der Hellenismus auf der Iberischen Halbinsel. Studien zur iberischen Kunst und Kultur: Das Beispiel eines Rezeptionsvorgangs“ (von Zabern, Mainz 1999). Academic Directors: Prof. R. A. Stucky (Basel), Dr. M. Blech (DAI, Madrid), Dr. R. Olmos (CSIC, Complutense, Madrid). Supported by Max Geldner-Stiftung (Basel), Janggen Pöhn-Stiftung (St. Gallen), L. & Th. La Roche-Foundation (Basel), Swiss National Science Foundation.
- 1992: Lizentiat (= MA) in Classical Archaeology at the University of Basel with the study: „Vier iberische Bronzen von Máquiz, Mengíbar, Prov. Jaén“. Directors: Prof. R. A. Stucky, Dr. R. Olmos.
- 1986–1992: Studies at the University of Basel, Faculty of Humanities: Classical Archaeology, Classical History, Neuere Deutsche Literaturwissenschaft.
For further questions, consulting and IT solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org